NorthPointe Woods Memory Care Services
Memory Care Services in Battle Creek, MI
What Are Memory Care Services?
The Benefits of Memory Care
• Cognitive Stimulation: With activities that sharpen the mind, memory can be retained and improved to a certain extent. An active mind is a healthy mind!
• Emergency Monitoring: With the busiest of everyday schedules, and the need for love and attention for our loved ones, you can be comforted that our expert staff members will be there. Our staff monitors our residents, ensuring their safety and tracking their care.
• Care Coordination: At NorthPointe Woods, we have many professionals that work together to provide residents with every aspect of care that they need. Our professionals are communicative and unified in their care of your loved one, providing comprehensive and high-quality care.
• Staff Expertise and Professionalism: The members of our staff are highly trained to care for our residents' every need. Our memory care staff are some of the top professionals in their field, working every day to improve our residents' quality of life.
• Safe and Supportive Environment: We understand that memory loss is a very difficult thing for families to go through. That’s why our team manages our memory care environments to reduce everyday stressors and any potential overstimulation. This helps to keep our residents safe and happy.
• Behavior Management: Our team of experts strives to address behavioral symptoms of dementia by first looking at the environmental or habitual factors of our residents' lives. Once we address scheduling or environmental triggers, our team can adjust to avoid or reduce triggers. We prefer trying these alternative measures to impact environmental triggers to avoid any further, unnecessary treatments.
• Active Lifestyle Based on Abilities: We believe that an active lifestyle can benefit our residents mentally and physically. Our team will take a look at cognitive abilities and create specialized plans for each resident. We look for ways to provide your loved one with a full and fulfilling life that meets their needs and can help them grow. We provide physical fitness, socialization, cognitive exercises, and more for our residents.
How Does Memory Care Compare to Other Senior Care Options?
Michigan Assisted Living Laws & Regulations
1. Admissions Process & Requirements
a. An assessment is required for each potential resident, detailing the services we will provide for your loved one. Our Director of Nursing will perform this assessment so we can make the best plan for continuing care.
b. A diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or dementia is not required to be admitted to a memory care community in Michigan. The reasoning is that dementia is difficult to definitively diagnose, and the community should focus on helping symptoms.
a. Memory care communities must be designed to specifically meet the needs of people with dementia. A specific layout of these design aspects and memory care focused structures should be provided to residents and family upon arrival.
3. Staff and Training
a. There must be enough staff members to provide and care for all residents. All of our staff must pass a background check and fingerprinting. They must be 18+ years old. They must have relevant training and knowledge pertaining to memory care, and they must be trained in all emergency medical care, such as first aid and CPR.
4. Evictions and Discharges
a. In some cases, an eviction or discharge is possible. In these cases, the residents have rights that must be honored and respected.